DX  » Community » Reviews » Super Speed 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Express Card (5Gbps)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Cheap and usefull – Super Speed 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Express Card (5Gbps) Reviews

posted by KaptanNemo on 04/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
2 ready-to-use USB3.0 Ports on the backpanel 2 USB3.0 internal Ports via 20Pin Header, which are usable with a Front-USB-Adapter reliable Via VL800 Chipset good build-quality Turbo-Mode via driver utility
Cons:
none so far
Other:
I already had some USB3.0 PCIe/Expresscard Controllers, but they have the old NEC/Renesas Host-Chip which isn't very reliable. These cards have often problems with 2.5" USB3.0 harddrives, i/o errors after a few minutes or won't work at all. This card here has the Via VL800 4Port Host-Controller and is working perfectly. I could get a read-speed of 100MB/s with a SanDisk USB3.0 Stick, and after enabling the Turbo-Mode in the driver of the controller i got 125MB/s in real file-transfer and 185MB/s in CrystalDiskMark. To activate Turbo-Mode you may have to download the newest drivers from the Via website, which has a very slow downloadspeed.
Bottomline:
a very nice fast usb3.0 pcie controller card with the ability to connect front usb-ports.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections