DX  » Community » Reviews » Steering Wheel Mount Bluetooth Car Kit + 1.5" LCD MP3 Player Transmitter Set - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 3
Mixed feelings – Steering Wheel Mount Bluetooth Car Kit + 1.5" LCD MP3 Player Transmitter Set - Black Reviews

posted by eilsys on 06/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I now get lots of my own music in my car. No more CD:s and I don't have to perfor major surgery on the car to change to a stereo with USB or SD card slot. My original Octavia 2 stereo will now do just fine. The main unit is working as it should, and it was easy to set up for playing music. USB and microSD tested, (8Gb units). Connection to Bluetooth works. But it seems to connect in audio mode only and I haven't tried the phone capabilities. (Android 4.0 phone).
Cons:
The small screen is pretty useless, It informs me that im on 88.5 Hz in large letters in the middle and if It look very closely i see the track number and some other things in the corners. The strap for the remote that is supposed to go around the steering wheel is far to short and the Velcro is just too weak. It is possible to change the strap to something else, I just don't know what. the other remote only works If you point it right at the main unit, useless for the driver. maybe for someone in the back seat.
Other:
There's no shuffle mode that I've been able to find. I have to pull it out of the cigar socket to turn it off (I think). My car seems to have power in the cigar socket even when it's not running.
Bottomline:
Main unit is good and works fine. Sound quality is like radio with good reception, so don't expect more. Extra stuff i could do without.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections