DX  » Community » Reviews » L298N Stepper Motor Driver Controller Board for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
cheapest L298N breakout board – L298N Stepper Motor Driver Controller Board for Arduino Reviews

posted by joaopauloccajueiro on 11/15/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Cheap. Works. Good build quality. The jumper for enabling onboard 5V generation is nice. Leds on the inputs are very useful for debugging.
Cons:
No manual. Can't see the reason for pull-up resistors on the inputs(see other thoughts). For security reasons I would put pullDOWN resistors, if any. Plastic parts of the screw terminals are somewhat loose on my board (I bought only one), but that does not caused any problem. Got the same problem with supplies over 20V as FakeName describes
Other:
The 5V_EN jumper connects the 5V generated from the motor supply (VMS). If you let it open you must provide 5V to the board, either from the screw terminal or from the pin. CSA and CSB jumpers are for current sensing: the current on the motors pass through then. UR1 to UR4 are for setting pull-up resistors on the inputs. Can't see why. IN1,IN2 controls motor A. IN3,IN4 controls motor B.
Bottomline:
Thumbs up.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections