DX  » Community » Reviews » NEW-C56 Cree XM-L T6 5-Mode 900LM White Zoom Convex Lens LED Flashlight w/ Clip (1 x 18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Cheap and useful – NEW-C56 Cree XM-L T6 5-Mode 900LM White Zoom Convex Lens LED Flashlight w/ Clip (1 x 18650) Reviews

posted by B4Ctom1 on 06/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Convex lens allows a tight square beam that can be cast at great distances or adjusted to a great local flood beam. Regulator and emitter are mounted in a block of metal which offer decent heatsinking considering the limited packaging.
Cons:
It is very solid state. Board and regulator appear to be permanently mounted within the front of the body allowing for little to no modding or disassembly. Strobe mode is a bit slow, but to me all modes other than low and hight are useless.
Other:
I didn't know if I should list it as a pro or a con, but the focus is slip collar type, not threaded or cammed. It uses an o-ring for resistance. You would turn it on and then set it to the focut you need with only one hand.
Bottomline:
All in all, this light is worth more than the sum of this review. A good and useful bargain. I will suggest others buy it for the price alone.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections