Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- potentiometers allow range tuning
- very small packaging
- hole for bolt
- on board LED to show detection ( you can disable this feature using a strap on the board)
- need reverse engineering to understand how its work ( no user manual)
- limited range as foreseen and mentioned. 30 cm is the max range i have reached.
- doesn't work on black objects (seems normal, this is just black body theory i think)
- this is well a switch. there is no modulation on the output
- may be used for short range IRDA communications ( no protocol implemented inside)
i bought 4 of these ir switches to make cool obstacles detection on robots. works well at short range.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.