DX  » Community » Reviews » SoShine SC-S1 Universal Li-Ion 2-Channel Digital Battery Charger (18650/ 14500/10440+more)
Sort by:
5 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:402 (40%)
  • 4 Star:402 (40%)
  • 3 Star:201 (20%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Odd charging pattern

posted by prosper on 01/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -> Multiple channels -> charges a wide array of cells -> 1.2A max charging current quickly charges 18650's (singly, charging 2 at a time reduces to 600mA per cell) -> seems to stop periodically when the cell is nearly charged to check voltage -> comes w...
    Cons:
    -> was still attempting to charge my 18650, even when cell voltage was at 4.25V -> charges in pulses - high voltage pulse, pau...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Choosy with batteries

posted by dannyc on 12/28/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to use, light but seems sturdy. Directly connect to outlet, no more fat wallwarts to lug around as power source. Flexible battery bays that can accomodate almost all types of batteries (except the fat ones like 123A types).
    Cons:
    Does NOT work with SKU26124 and SKU3435. It seems that these 14500 batteries are a bit too long for the battery bay on this sos...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Solid universal Li-Ion charger

posted by hpopov on 01/13/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    + charge large variety of 3.7 V Li-Ion batteries + has four charging channels + charges my batteries little bit under 4.2V(around 4.18 - 4.19V) + it actualy looks better that on pictures + has a 12v car adapter. + car adapter has a fuse.
    Cons:
    none for me.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Versatile LI-ION charger.

posted by isotco on 08/27/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Charges most types of 3.7 V Li-Ion batteries. - It has four charging channels, two high powered ones for larger batteries and two lower powered smaller ones. - Charges the batteries consistently to around 4.18 volt.
    Cons:
    - The "door" to the battery charging bays seems a little fragile. - 14500 batteries doesn't fit in the "small ba...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Pretty good charger

posted by vegasf6 on 08/24/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is 4 seperate channels. Will charge most types of li-on batteries. Can be used in car with right adapter. Has error checking abilities and reverse polarity protection. Cells usually come off at around 4.18 volts... could be good or bad.
    Cons:
    1st one I bought had multiple problems, DX exchanged it and this one has been fine. Biggest con is my blue trustfire 14500 prot...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections