View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Works but very annoying sound and cheap build. – Digital Mosquito Repeller Keychain Reviews

posted by BlindSight on 07/15/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I bought two of these and took them a week long caping trip and can say it works reletivly well, the first mode seems to work better then the second, the LED is enough to find the key you need or what have you.
Cons:
-The sound emited by the first mode is a very high pitch squeel(Both of them emit the sound so its not just a defect),it gives me a headache after a few minutes and I cant stand to listen to it for any length of time.
-I am not sure what sort of build quality the people here are used to but I found it a little on the poor side, but for the price I guess you cant complain.
-LED isnt bright enough to really be used for much except finding your key.
-I ordered 2 and the LED on one of them is broken and only works when it wants to, probaly a bad button connection.
Other:
I wish it wasnt a keychain loop as they dont work super well from your pocket and how many people dnagle their keys outside their pocket? It would have been much more useful with a carabeener clip or even some velcro.
Bottomline:
If you can stand the squeel then go for it, but I cant stand it, there is another one on DX that supposedly emits not audible sound, maybe that would be the way to go for people with sensitive ears.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections