DX  » Community » Reviews » Professional Carbon Steel Cutting Nippers Pliers - Silver + Blue
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Cutting nipper discrete quality – Professional Carbon Steel Cutting Nippers Pliers - Silver + Blue Reviews

posted by ghost62 on 01/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Price, overall, it's cheap and does its work discretely.
Cons:
Well, first of all, blades are NOT "carbon steel", it's standard steel, mine come with tips not perfectly of the same heights, and i paired them using a normal needle-file (those files cannot grind "carbon" or hardened steel) - also cutting edges wasaligned, but not cliosing perfectly (approximatively 0.07mm of space between them when you close it completely), but with some "hard" use, the metal hinge corners adapted itself and it finally closed completely :P I only fear about that small screw on the side, apparently it take the two parts assembled , and if you unscrew it or it unscrew with use and go lost, the nippler will disassemble and become unusable, but for the moment it's still working - only time will tell about it.
Other:
Nothing too much other - cheap and works.
Bottomline:
Not to be used as your "main" tool, if you use it professionally, but good enough as spare or backup tool.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections