DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
Sort by:
34 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7425 (74%)
  • 4 Star:269 (26%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good upgrade

posted by markomas on 04/15/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works perfectly, speed are good. I didn't test with ssd, but with simple old hdd i get ~50MB/s It fits perfectly for Asus X53, i also i had do borrow some additional holding parts from my old cdrom. Now it looks like ordinary cdrom.
    Cons:
    No cons:)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    perfect fit

posted by wizake on 02/13/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Fits perfectly in my Asus N53SM laptop. Now my old HDD sits in the caddy while my new EVO SSD sits in the HDD bay. The plastic cover from my DVD unit fits nicely on the caddy and you can't tell it's not a real DVD unit there.
    Cons:
    The DVD unit is attached using a screw and a bracket, which this caddy doesnt have. So for now, mine just sits in place by bein...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    2 drives in a laptop

posted by sanderpetiet on 01/20/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I replaced the 750Gig HD in my HP Probook with a 120Gig SSD. I didn't want to constantly use a USB drive for my ISO files and Installation repositories I use on customer sites. This caddy allowed me to pull out my BD-drive, and place the 750Gig HD in that s...
    Cons:
    Though it is not the fault of this product, the only I can think of is that you have to pull the bezel off your optical drive a...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Little expensive but work fine

posted by uros13 on 11/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -everything work nice without problems -easy to install and use -shipment to Germany was around 2 week -measure are ok its fit perfectly inside of my notebook HP4540s (instead of DVD-ROM )
    Cons:
    - By my opinion for that money build quality need to be much better. - probably dx charge in this case usefulnes of this product
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent item

posted by getribica on 11/07/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This device fits perfectly to my Lenovo G570 laptop, which was my main concern. It has universal size and it will fit into most of newer laptops. It allows me to now have new SSD as primary disk, and old disk instead of my CD-ROM.
    Cons:
    It's a simple device, does what it supposed to do, so don't have much to say against.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It is what I needed

posted by MarcosDBR on 10/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I wanted to install a SSD drive on my laptop in the sameplace where previously was installed the DVD drive. So this caddy fits perfectly. Uninsall your DVD bay, install your drive in the caddy, insert it in your laptop, and do the config in the BIOS.
    Cons:
    Everything is working fine. There isn't anything I can complain about this product.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great and easy to install

posted by Larshsm on 10/07/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to install and works just as expected. No problems. I put this in my old Acer Aspire 5930G incase anyone wonders.
    Cons:
    None i know of.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful if you need a 2nd HDD in your laptop

posted by lolhax on 07/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap, does what it should, clean-looking, running fine. I currently have no problems running a 1tb HDD in this along with my SSD. Similar products elsewhere are extremely overpriced.
    Cons:
    The only problem I had was when I messed up on removing the DVD drive cover and I ended up gluing the cover on so it would stay...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product

posted by gminoue on 06/22/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good price, excelente solution for expand storage.
    Cons:
    I need to use the mount bracket from original DVD drive and the screw don't fit very well. Difficult to take it out after insta...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Broken device but repaired

posted by pabe40 on 06/15/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The price is what you expect from dx.com. The overall quality is good.
    Cons:
    Device not working. After disassembling, investigation of the cuircuit, and research on the net I noticed that the only compone...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections