DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good Product - Nice Buy – Designer's 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD / SSD Caddy for 12.7mm Optical Drive Reviews

posted by nikolastsr on 10/13/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
The product is made of decent materials - build quality. I bought it to replace my laptop DVD which I rarely used and is an excellent fit. I tried an SSD and a standard HDD and both worked perfectly. It has all the necessary holes to secure it to your laptop as well as to accept the "face" of the old DVD so there is no "hole" left in the side of the laptop.
Cons:
None so far. I don think there can be a "Con" with this product. It's a simple construction so if it fits there is nothing else to go wrong.
Other:
Since it can be used to host an ssd and replace a dvd drive i believe it can be used an a battery saver. But since my laptop battery is almost dead I can't confirm that. Maybe the price could be a little lower, this is a very simple construction after all, but on the other hand it's one of the lowest prices you can find on the net for a product like this.
Bottomline:
Definitely Excellent Buy. A already recommended to a friend of mine.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections