Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- easy to mount
- work perfectly from the first start
- works with almost every laptop
- no need to adjust (perfect fit to CD-ROM bay)
Only two small (really small) inconvenience:
- 4 screws have a little problematic profile (the heads extend a little bit from bottom of case and can cause that whole caddy can't fit (solved with exchanging screws from laptop HHD they has flatter heads in my case)
- at the back of the case are three holes for mounting "arm" (holder with screw that prevents CD-ROM to slide out from computer). They need to by slightly bigger, because the screw from original CD-ROM drive may not fit good.
The best for its price.
Actually Ubuntu on primary, Windows 8 on secondary in caddy bay - no problems at all:)
After some work... It's fully useful drive that almost any laptop can handle.
And for last word...
Sorry for my bad English:)
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.