Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:less than 1 day
Pros: * Decent size
* Wide input range
* Switchmode regulator, not linear
* Reasonably low noise on output
* Fused (2A) in case something goes wrong
* Works down to 6-7 volts, has about 0.9 volts dropout.
Cons: * Bit out of specs; 5.1 v @ no load, 5.7(!)v @ 350mA load, 5.3v @ 600 mA load
* Somewhat low efficiency, 72% @ 350mA, 79% @ 600 mA. I don't recommend running it at full load (800 mA; this will likely get very unhappy at 2x800mA) for prolonged periods.
* Somewhat shoddy build quality
Other Thoughts: It should be noted that it drags both D+ and D- (the data pins) to ~2.6 volts. This seems intentional; I can't quite see why but I imagine some devices are finicky about what they're connected to.
Bottomline: I'd buy another if I needed it, but might end up swapping out the parts in it for something more robust. Don't keep it on a high load for hours and hours, and you'll be fine.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.