DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA to SATA HDD / SSD Caddy for 9.5mm Optical Drive
Sort by:
5 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:603 (60%)
  • 4 Star:402 (40%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just works

posted by musashimd on 12/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Price is really good comparing to local sellers (Brazil) and to U.S. main producer (OWC). It's working perfectly on my MacBook Pro early 2011.
    Cons:
    Not that easy to install. Screws do NOT fit perfectly (holes are smaller that the screws), and that causes it to adapt not that...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    CHEAP

posted by raislasher on 04/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Affordable (compared to 3-5x the price elsewhere!) Easy to open package. Used it to add more storage capacity on a sony vaio laptop that has an ssd drive
    Cons:
    Some of the mounting holes were a bit small, had to physically work them a bit to fit screws into them.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works nicely

posted by Dxjanpittner on 03/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    * Affordable (compared to 3-5x the price elsewhere!) * Easy to open package.
    Cons:
    * Some of the mounting holes were a bit small, had to physically work them a bit to fit screws into them. * Does not have moun...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap compared with other options

posted by joanporres on 01/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I have bought this caddy, to replace my superdrive, in a Macbook unibody late 2009 (the white one). It is very cheap, compared with other options like the sold in other websites. And when I opened the box, the product that I had was fine. Strong enought to...
    Cons:
    I just found one con. Maybe an important one. That I only noticed when I was mounting the caddy to the mac, after fixing the HD...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Easy to use

posted by pikar on 12/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    SATA laptop HDD fits snugly and secured with two screws. Doesn't cost much and is easy to install. Might be harder for different pc's.
    Cons:
    Not really a con but the quality is not the greatest and does not match the pc's quality 100%.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections