• Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Works well – Premium Guitar Capo Reviews

posted by Arukk on 06/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The product works perfectly well. It saved me purchasing one from my local music store, their prices average around 35-60 dollars each. So purchasing this gave me quite a saving. It fits both my electric and classic accoustic guitars, and produces a relatively clear and crisp sound when attached properly.
Cons:
The build quality is only so-so. And at first it was slightly difficult for me to figure out how to use it.. Which combined with the average build quality, led me to believe it was broken.. Until i looked at the strange diagram on the back of the packaging. Also, it was missing the little rubber-end on the screw that you can see in the picture.. However, that's barely neccissary. I won't be using it too much as i don't particularly need it, but i'm sure it will last at least a year without breaking.
Other:
The build quality could've been a little better. And the instructions definatly could've been made a little more informative.. In case people can't work it out properly, you screw the screw in to a rough estimate, and then squeeze the pieces together in order to make it lock.
Bottomline:
It's an ideal purchase for beginning guitarists who wish to expand the ammount of songs they can play. And also removes the need to play the more complicated chords in some songs (Such as some of Panic At The Disco's songs, they use capos in some of their film clips, rather than having to play bar chords spread over the neck). However, I wouldn't recommend it for use with a guitar worth more than 500 dollars, as it's definately not the most gentle capo. But good enough for general use.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections