DX  » Community » Reviews » 12V 15A Iron Case Power Supply - Silver (AC 110~220V)
Sort by:
4 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:753 (75%)
  • 4 Star:251 (25%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It did the job like expected

posted by ppaiva on 03/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It is a good power supply. I used it with 30 meters of 65714 LED strips consuming something around 12A. It provided a well stabilized 12.2Vcc without any notable noise.
    Cons:
    It doesn't come with instruction manual to help lay people. It doesn't inform the power consumption. The connections screws are...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best buy for LED-strip:s

posted by stm110 on 01/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    After using separate power adapters to my RGB-LED:s for a while(one adapter for each strip), I tried this one to replace them all. And it gets the job done! I use four 4m strip. That's about 160W, and 12V x 15A = 180W, so it's good enough. Easy to connect a...
    Cons:
    You need a bit of space around to keep it cool, so don't stuff it in a tight place. Very small little pin to change between 110...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent power supply

posted by merseyless on 11/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This power supply gives a very clean 12v supply straight off of mains power. I'm currently using this power supply to power a prusa mendle 3D printer after going through 4 ATX computer power supplies rated for 3-5x the wattage of this power supply.
    Cons:
    This thing runs HOT. the case was completely untouchable when in an area with no airflow and drawing a large current. We ended ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Great.

posted by BTNaylor on 06/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Looks Great. Works on both 110V and 220V, just don't forget to change the switch. Has terminal for ground on 3 prong plugs. 2 Negative and 2 Positive DC outs. Voltage is adjustable between 8.53V and 14.06V with V adjustment resistor beside terminals.
    Cons:
    Really annoying high pitch whine with and without load. Needs a reset button instead of having to plug / unplug when short cir...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections