DX  » Community » Reviews » Macro Extension Tube/Ring for Canon SLR/DSLR Cameras
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great product, great price. – Macro Extension Tube/Ring for Canon SLR/DSLR Cameras Reviews

posted by stevegek on 10/12/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
5/5, why? It does what it should do.
My focuspoint is way closer. With my 50-500 Sigma "bigma" lens at 50mm the focus is so close the item will hit the lens, haha! It makes all my lenses really nice to use for macro. The sharpness of your lens won't be lose.
Focussing happends through zooming, focussing itself is lost. This can be quite funny and something to get used to. Still it's not a bad thing. You want your shot as close as possible anyway.
The build is great, metal and when used properly this will not break. When it does: threat your stuff better!
Cons:
Autofocus is not supported but on the otherhand that's not a REAL con, perhaps for some people. Autofocus on macro is something for the macro dedicated lenses.
Other:
No protection caps included, dust might get inside which may release and get on your sensor once you put it on your cam.
Bottomline:
Superb product to increase your range of possibilities of Canon EOS products. Got an EOS (digital) cam? Order without ANY hessistation, now.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections