DX  » Community » Reviews » Cree Q2 LED Drop-In Module for WF-502B and Similar Flashlights (3.6V~12V Input)
Sort by:
7 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:1007 (100%)
  • 4 Star:00 (0%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    My favourite cree .. its like sun shine

posted by imanantariksa on 11/15/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great dropin, its fit my other flashlight very well. Easy to swap this module to the flashlight. Yes its bright , very bright i have other r2 flashligth , its comparable in real world, throw and flood.. .This q2 has warm tint make our eye Happy.... its ill...
    Cons:
    Price is high for a cree Led, where new generation cree is cheaper. 1 mode in high is battery hungry, so i swap the driver with...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great price for a drop-in with 5A tint

posted by sparktastic on 09/30/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Fantastic drop-in for the price. Nice natural colour rendition for outside use. Much easier on the eyes than a WH or WD Q5 or R2 emitter. Simple, single mode operation - On or off.
    Cons:
    I wish this was a three mode version of this drop-in. i.e high, medium and low. Other manufacturers can make decent three mode ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Even brighter then before.

posted by isotco on 08/31/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - Very nice color, especially outdoors. - Brighter than my previous ones, quite possibly a brightness bin upgrade. - Aluminum pill with brass ring for pcb improves heat transfer from the led to the module. - Single mode, perfect with a forward clicky.
    Cons:
    - Warm white leds can become an addiction, you are warned! : )
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great drop in with 5A tint

posted by sparktastic on 08/19/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great tint for outside use. As another user has already pointed out, when you go to a 'warm' tint like this, it is hard to ever go back to the cold whites. Yes the Q5's and R2's of this world put out more lumens per watt, but many of those lumans are at suc...
    Cons:
    This is only a single mode emitter. When, oh when, will the driver manufacturers start making simple three mode (High, Medium &...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Once you try it, you will never go back.

posted by dark1 on 06/29/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Neutral white 5A bin emitter -Excellent color rendition outdoors compared to common cool white LEDs -A quite respectable output: 185 lumen out of the front (measured in a Surefire 9P on 2 li-ion cells). -decent beam without very pronounced rings -fits some...
    Cons:
    -The head does not screw all the way down, leaving a 2mm gap (a cosmetic issue, really).
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good, cheap, warm

posted by Bandito on 03/23/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    5A tint is very pleasant without looking "sickly yellow" Good throw Relatively clean beam Works well on 1 or 2 Li-Ions Single mode (some people may consider the lack of low modes as a con but I love single mode, especially with a forward clicky)
    Cons:
    Q3 would be a nice upgrade and is available in 5A tint Output is not as high as other modules but still very good
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice alternative to Cold Whites

posted by isotco on 12/18/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - The 5A tint certainly are much more easy on the eyes than the WC or WD tints. - The pill is almost fully made out of aluminum, the only brass part is the ring that the regulator is soldered to. This improver heat transfer. - Pleasant to use outdoors aswel...
    Cons:
    - As always, you sacrifice some lumens for the, in my opinion, improved color. - The CRI isn't perfect.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections