DX  » Community » Reviews » 12V 30A Iron Case Power Supply - Black + Silver (AC 110~220V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
good supply for a great price – 12V 30A Iron Case Power Supply - Black + Silver (AC 110~220V) Reviews

posted by Paladinxxx on 01/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I bought this power supply to run my 20 amp RC battery charger. It's nice and compact and is adjustable from 10 - 15 volts. I have been looking for a 30 amp power supply for a long time that wouldn't break the bank...others I have seen for a 30 amp start at $60 up to $150 and are cheaply made and don't last. Everything in this supply is well built and thought out. The case is made of all aluminum not iron and is very light. aluminum dissapated heat better then iron and that's what you need in a good power supply.
Cons:
Fuse came out of the fuse holder during shipping (shippers fault) and I had to remove the top pannel to put it back in the holder.
Other:
I cut the end off a PC power cord (north american style)...the part that goes into the power supply and inside the cable was a green wire, (ground) a white wire, (nutral) and a black wire (live) for the a/c hook up. If like the other buyer said and you can stack them you could make a very powerfull and cheep supply good for 100's of things.
Bottomline:
I am so happy with this unit that I posted it on my online rc plane forum so that others can purchase it for their hobby needs. Recommended and if need be will purchase again.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections