DX  » Community » Reviews » YN Off-Camera Shoe Cord / TTL Cable for Canon SLR/Digital SLR Cameras (1-Meter/OC-E3)
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:707 (70%)
  • 4 Star:101 (10%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:101 (10%)
  • 1 Star:101 (10%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

80% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Short, but does the job

posted by RicardoConsonni on 04/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Cheap, well built, works as expected - Enables more creative lighting techniques, taking your flashhead off the camera. - Looks and feels very well-made. - Packaging is excellent, with silica gel wrapped with each terminal, inside individual plastic bags.
    Cons:
    - Very short. It's just over 30cm coiled, and barely stretches to 1m. You will have to uncoil the cord to avoid damaging it if ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does what it should

posted by Kolero on 08/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Connects easily to camera (450D) and flash (430 EXII). On first hookup, the flash did not fire (in Av mode). Then I realized that I had the flash side of the cord backwards. OOPS! Now it works flawlessly. Note the I can take a side-shot of my bookcase (f...
    Cons:
    The supplied cord is rather short. With the camera and flash each on tripods, you can get just less than 2 feet (60 cm) between...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Better i ever see

posted by mardenallan on 06/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Excelent built quality Easy to use sync perfect ETTL and TTL with 430 EX canon flash metal hot shoe fit well with my cam(Canon SX30) hot shoe and bracket flash
    Cons:
    Only one are price it's hier than other similar cables, but huge cheap than genuine canon cable! i recomend
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Okay but had a major problem

posted by joksak on 04/25/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This cord was very attractive in it's price range. There are similar products from Canon and Nissin but they are way more expensive. This is a nice cable. It seems very durable, quick-lock is okay and design is almost like the original one..
    Cons:
    .. but it does not seem to work with my EOS 550D. Don't know why. Flash works on the hot shoe on-camera and this cord works at ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worth of buying

posted by ptpl2k on 04/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - really good quality (no cheap feeling at all) - good price (almost 3x cheaper than original Canon's version) - very easy to use and very handy - everything fits perfectly in hot shoe - no communication problems between body and flash unit
    Cons:
    Not found so far even if I'm using it pretty often.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Buy It

posted by bibivallim on 04/09/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It is simple and easy to setup and use. I have been using this product to do macro photography where the light is not coming from above and this cord allows me to move the flash around without a fixed harness. Very sturdy build, however, a little more cord ...
    Cons:
    The cord is too short.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Don't buy

posted by bloodypixy on 03/29/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    If this one works, it should be a good cord to buy. The price is better than most of the branded cord. The length is enough for you to raise the flash with one arm.
    Cons:
    but mine doesn't fit to my hot shoe, I have a canon 40d, I also tried it on canon 5d mark II. The connector for the camera hot ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just works!

posted by thetron on 11/04/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Full ETTL support. Gets your flash off the camera. Locks well on camera hot shoe. Treads for mounting flash on a tripod. Good price.
    Cons:
    Cord is a bit stiff and not as stretchy as I had hoped for. Cord could be longer.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great deal... This thing works great!

posted by autodub on 04/04/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works just like when the flash is on the camera. Metering works properly. No sync related problems. Excellent build quality. Quick release is handy for attaching to camera. Tripod screw mount is handy for mounting to second tripod.
    Cons:
    Cord could be longer, but then it would get in the way for flash-bracket use.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product!

posted by compucat on 06/02/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    First of all, it works! Good build quality. Solid. Both the plastic and metal finish are perfect. I don't own the Canon OC-E3 therefore I cannot do the comparison. But this one looks and feels very Canon. And, it is (much) cheaper then the Canon one.
    Cons:
    Short. It is about 40cm not extended and about 1.3m when pulling the elastic wire to its full extend. If you want you can find ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections