DX  » Community » Reviews » MR5 USB Micro SD / TF Card Reader w/ Cell Phone Strap (Max. 64GB / Random Color)
Sort by:
22 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8619 (86%)
  • 4 Star:143 (14%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great product!

posted by H3rm3s on 04/21/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very small, but useable product. It does work with my 32gb class10 sd card flawlessly! Not sure about the USB speed, but I only have USB 2.0 where it worked just fine. If you don't have like a USB 3 external drive of something, it should be nice as anything...
    Cons:
    The cap could be fixed somehow, but it does not a dealbreaker for me. You won't find any with a fixed cap in this size! It has ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    hard to handle, otherwise great

posted by jakob27 on 11/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Really-really tiny-tiny. You can truly just plug it to your computer and then forget about it. And it works out-of-box with both windows and linux. It has a nice blue led glowing through the white case when in use.
    Cons:
    The plastic where the strip is supposed to attach was broken during delivery. As a result there is really no gripping space and...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Exactly what I wanted!

posted by xonemark on 10/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Firstly, it just plain works. It's tiny and even comes with a little strap that I use to keep it on my keychain. this has become more than just a card reader, it's now my main flash drive since I almost always keep my 16GB micro SD card in it now. Even the...
    Cons:
    Absolutely none that I can think of.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product!

posted by Myrdhin87 on 09/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Its really a great little thing this card reader, reads my 32GB card very fast. I've always got one on my key chain with a spare SD-card in it. I bought a couple to always have these everywhere.
    Cons:
    The plastic where the wire is attached is quite thin and I broke it while pulling it a bit too hard when trying to get it out o...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Probably the best

posted by righteousrob on 08/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Durable, The chip easily is inserted and removed from the card reader. The cap covers the usb connector keeping dust out and preventing it from being damaged. You are able to access the micro sd card while the adapter is still inserted in the machine (altho...
    Cons:
    None that I can think of. I've had to buy 6 or 7 so far as I've lost a few and given some away.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great small MicroSD card reader

posted by ice42 on 05/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - It looks nice. - It works well. - Tested with 8GB MicroSD card. - There is a small lanyard to pull them out. - The color and printing are nice. Mine was white with silver/gray printing. - There is a cap to protect the USB connector. - The plastic is good ...
    Cons:
    - There are cheaper MicroSD cards available at half the price.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bought two; one works. Still cheap.

posted by pillarsdotnet on 03/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Seems solidly-built and well-made. Compared to the the Elagile Nano II I purchased from Amazon (See http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HGFKR8) * The Elago includes an ejector button; the MR5 does not. * The MR5 seems sturdier. * With the Elago, it is easy...
    Cons:
    Of the two MR5 units I received, one stopped working after the first insertion/removal. Even though the card slot is accessibl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Micro Sd card reader.

posted by ivandim on 03/04/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Long time I looked Micro SD card reader for my SONY car radio. This one SKU: 125517 work fine. This little reader is exactly what I needed! Many other like SKU: 21802(don't work at all) and SKU: 51115(work some monts) was unusable. I`m tested it with 2GB, 4...
    Cons:
    Nothing at all. Product works exactly as advertised, and is very well made.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great deal, very small.

posted by rodrigodki on 02/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Very small, only the size of a usb port versus the card size. Really Plug and Play. Useful strap to put with your keys. The card is firmly inside, so no worries about losing the SD card.
    Cons:
    None.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fast. Compact

posted by rgroliveira on 02/20/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Beautiful, fast and small. The connector attaches well to the computer's USB connector. The drive is automatically recognized by Windows operating system. Can be hung on a keychain and unobtrusive. It has a beautiful blue LED display access.
    Cons:
    The cap falls easily, not holding very firm. It has good performance with SDHC chips, is moderate.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections