Sort by:
47 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:4923 (49%)
  • 4 Star:4521 (45%)
  • 3 Star:63 (6%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Product

posted by kedimk on 12/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I have it more then one year and it is Useful, numbered diagnostic light on both local and remote ends. I love that you can choose between slow and normal LED progression; very useful for testing if flexing/tugging at cables will cause intermittent disconne...
    Cons:
    Works on ona a 9V battery. 2AA x 1.5V have been better, the batteries are more prevalent The zipper of the pouch is small, the ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality cat 5/6 & phone cable tester

posted by RajivG on 06/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Does that it is supposed to do, indicate if the cable is correctly crimped and if there is continuity from one end to the other. Its has a very simple led indication system and this is completely necessary and sufficient for you to crimp patch cables and te...
    Cons:
    The plastic is low in quality. I am not saying that affects its functioning, its just that tools in a networking environment ar...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good, but G (Ground) LED not functional.

posted by ndooo on 05/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Useful, numbered diagnostic light on both local and remote ends. I love that you can choose between slow and normal LED progression; very useful for testing if flexing/tugging at cables will cause intermittent disconnects.
    Cons:
    G (ground) LED is not functional; the circuit inside has no LED soldered to the G LED pads. A big downer for me, as I have bee...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product !

posted by johnmcchavs on 04/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The thing is doing what it is supposed to : plug the remote at one end of the cable, and plug the main part to the other one, and then you know if everything's OK in your cable, and if it is not, where is the problem. It worked very well for me. Moreover,...
    Cons:
    The fast mode is too fast. But there is a slow mode that is just perfect. The battery panel is a bit hard to open...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap but good

posted by NiekvanOost on 03/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap but good. Simply insert the 9V battery (not included) en the tester wil work. The side of the tester can be loosened so that cables are eliminated over a long distance can be tested You can test UTP/network (RJ45) cables and telephone cables (RJ11)
    Cons:
    works on a 9V battery. 2x 1.5V have been better, the batteries are more prevalent The zipper of the pouch is small, the tester ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ether net cabling issues solved

posted by ChrisCronin on 02/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Great value for the money, simple to use, solved my ether net cabling issues in less then 5 minutes, identified crossed cores, identified cables layed in ducting behind furniture, without having extract them. The slow scan rate is very useful, when trying ...
    Cons:
    Battery cover broke while opening, not a major issue, just heavy handed on my part
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good tester

posted by TyzzyT on 02/06/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very cheap cable tester, I only used it to test RJ45 plugs & cables. This worked perfect, very handy to have it with you. In case you need it. It is a light weight device.
    Cons:
    The quality is the switch is not that good, the fast testing is okay but you have to watch twice because it goes to fast ;-)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good item, great for home use

posted by mauroxj on 12/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It is good to have one of these in your home if you are a DIY man or you use to work with computers and of course networking.. if you have many cables stored somewhere sometimes they start failing and you'll need one cable tester as this one, cheap for home...
    Cons:
    Not great quality but good enough for the price!! If you need one cable tester for your home use, this will do the job great!
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful tool for any UTP cable maker

posted by ndooo on 12/26/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - It works - Configurable speed makes it easy to observe - Tests both RJ11 and RJ45 - Build quality is good, doesn't feel flimsy - Mine came with a pouch
    Cons:
    I can't seem to get G to light up with shielded cables, not sure if it’s my unit or an issue with the product. Very important ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    not sure...

posted by arashix on 12/17/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -compact -light weight -comes with a case -not expensive -looks nice -build quality is good
    Cons:
    The instructions seem to be for a differenct product. Or maybe I have a damaged product because the lids that are supposed to ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 5
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections