Sort by:
29 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7622 (76%)
  • 4 Star:247 (24%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Really useful to have around

posted by Amokka on 02/27/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good and compact little module. Stable voltage even at currents above 2,8A. Easy to adjust voltage quite precisely using the multi turn trim pot. 0,02V seems not to be a problem. It doesn't get excessively hot.
    Cons:
    None, really. A few holes in the PCB for mounting would have been nice, but double sided foam-tape works nicely too.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect module

posted by tiec01 on 11/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Quality components and does not run too hot. Output is very stable. Its a small form factor module and for the price you pay you cannot really do it yourself.
    Cons:
    The voltage ajustment screw is not tight enough for shocky environments. I use it in a offroad car and sometimes its a bumpy ride.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent voltage regulator

posted by zimmund on 11/13/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The LM2596 is an excellent IC. The output is quite steady and clean. I'm using it with a pack of batteries to feed servos (5V) and the output remains around the same voltage throughout the life of the batteries. It may have a slight variation, but it's ok f...
    Cons:
    My unit came with a broken potentiometer. I desoldered the original and placed a similar one (same resistance value). It looks ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Efficient and small

posted by stefanof on 10/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Efficient device with small form factor, looks like having good components
    Cons:
    It is a bit heavy (used on a RC model, so this is relative) and maybe a static voltage selector or a "lock" on the tu...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great to have around

posted by mattyfu on 09/03/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to use, extremely handy to have around. You never know when your going to need to adjust a voltage! Great build quality. Simple to work with.
    Cons:
    Adjusting the potentiometer takes a few tries (pretty sensitive, use small movements) for me it does anyways.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by Pquang on 08/24/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The module is inexpensive, but is very well built. It is super useful. I used it to build an iDevice charger by using a Nikon EN-EL3e 7.4V battery, and by adding 2 voltage dividers for the data lines. I was also able to use it to step down the voltage from ...
    Cons:
    none at all
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very cheap very useful

posted by Mohanad1989 on 08/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    the price is very cheap, and great quality, didn't have any serious cons, increases and lowers voltage very steadily, used it to control the voltage coming from a 24v power supply to a wiper motor, worked great.
    Cons:
    there is one small con, is that you need to turn the bolt a lot to increase and decrease the voltage
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by lucaspcamargo on 06/18/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It is very efficient, small, simple to operate, and cheap. Seems to be made of quality components. I have used it on many occasions, and the current draw is excellent. Almost no voltage drop.
    Cons:
    It might get considerably hot, to the point it's hard to touch, but this is expected in some operating conditions.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice regulator module

posted by celsoffraga on 04/19/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very good module, works as expected, plus have an extra output filtering stage (making it very low ripple). Very good module, works as expected, plus have an extra output filtering stage (making it very low ripple).
    Cons:
    Shall use SMD potentiometer and top-side only pads for voltage input/output, making it safer (no danger of short-circuits) and ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It gets hot approaching 3 Amp

posted by BabaWoo on 03/20/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works. My car cigarette socket reach 14 v, for some reason it would not charge well per se link directly from the socket to my PC, especially when USB devices are connected, although the The laptop is clearly marked "12 V DC input". According...
    Cons:
    It got hot during charging even only about 15 minutes process. The coil was too hot to touch. My laptop requires DC input 12 ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections