DX  » Community » Reviews » Mystery LCD Digital Balance Charger and Discharger (1~6 Cell Lithium / 1~15 Cell NiCD/NiMH)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
A very useful hobby charger – Mystery LCD Digital Balance Charger and Discharger (1~6 Cell Lithium / 1~15 Cell NiCD/NiMH) Reviews

posted by smelly on 05/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
I've had this for some time and I use it a lot, mainly for niMh and lithium batteries. This seems to be the same as the Accucell charger and I use the instruction manual for that with this one. It's very handy for cycling cells that haven't been used for a while or trying to revitalise old NiCds. The discharge function is also very useful for measuring the capacity of cells.
Cons:
There are a few. The buzzer is VERY LOUD. It can be turned off but is usefule for indicating a problem as well as indicating the end of a cycle. Be very careful with the settings for discharge. Ithink it can only handle 5 watts of discharge. There have been various reports of transistors burning out. This model is not fitted with a fan unlike some variants of it.
Other:
Since I bought this Dealextreme have a number of other models which might be worth comparing, especially since they are cheaper. The ability to capture the data on a computer might have been useful too.
Bottomline:
A very good hobby charger but do look at the more recent introductions on Dealextreme before buying. I'm happy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections