DX  » Community » Reviews » 100W 220V Car 12V DC Power Inverter with USB Power Port
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Neat little item. powers my devices well – 100W 220V Car 12V DC Power Inverter with USB Power Port Reviews

posted by tekster on 10/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
item packs away very neatly and doesn't take up much space. very small, light and compact.
very useful in times of emergency (eg. mobile phone battery running low, GPS needs a charge up).
provides adequate power to use most devices. i used my netbook and had no problems with it. laptops shouldn't pose a problem unless it exceeds the 100W limit.
Cons:
in hot countries or summer, it is worrying that the device might fail as it is fanless design. especially after leaving it under the hot scorching sun for a while.
another thing is, it can't use the 3-pin plug together with my USB cable to charge simultaneously. i think the design is a little too compact and would be good to allow more room.
Other:
the 3-pin holes could be placed on the top instead or the usb holes can be placed on another side. maybe having 2 usb holes would be a good idea.
Bottomline:
great value item! highly recommended for car users. buy one even though you may not need it. you never know when you need some emergency power point.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections