DX  » Community » Reviews » Refurbished Iphone 3gs iOS 6.0 WCDMA Smart Phone w/3.5" Capacitive Wi-Fi and GPS - Black (16GB)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 2
Great Price – Refurbished iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 WCDMA Smart Phone w/3.5" Capacitive, Wi-Fi and GPS - Black (16GB) Reviews

posted by DazzaG on 02/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Fantastic price. the iPhone was shipped in its original packaging and arrived in good condition.
Cons:
iOS software is 4.1 so there is not many apps that will work on this iOS. iPhone's baseband/network firmware was 6.1.15. This firmware is not suitable for the iPhone 3GS because it disables the GPS.
Other:
I managed to down the network firmware from 6.1.15 to 5..13.04 using redsn0w for mac version 0.9.15b3. I took several attempts but got there in the end. Upgrading the iOS appears to be alot more difficult. I have made many attempts to upgrade to iOS 6.1 but can't seem to get a tethered jailbreak. I keep getting a plist error. Hopefully the redsn0w guys will come up with a fix soon because iOS 4.1 is not that wonderful. The phoned is locked to Orange UK. The unlock cost is around 80 to 180pounds so I wont be unlocking the phone anytime soon.
Bottomline:
If you want a Smart Phone at a great price then buy the iPhone 3GS. You will not be disappointed price wise. Don't buy it if you have no idea on how to jailbreak the phone.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections