DX  » Community » Reviews » Awei Q3i Earphone w/ Microphone for Iphone 4 / 4S / Ipad / Ipad 2 /the New Ipad (3.5mm Jack/150cm)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Pretty Darn Good – Awei Q3i Earphone w/ Microphone for iPhone 4 / 4S / iPad / iPad 2 /the New iPad (3.5mm Jack/150cm) Reviews

posted by tamjp on 07/18/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Cheap Solid Build Has Mic Good Fit Excellent Noise Isolation Strong and Deep Bass
Cons:
As with all low end IEMs:bass heavy Small Soundstage Sibilance is present (but not heavy) Weaker Mids and Highs Cable is a bit too thin Headphone jack is tiny and feels easily broken or ripped Mic button feels very cheapy-plasticy (i.e. like the plastic in made in china knockoff Barbie dolls) Cable is ~8cm too short for my personal taste
Other:
initially hard to distinguish between left and right ears, but after studying the headphones for awhile, finally got it. Sound: (Without burn in, straight from box, running on Samsung Galaxy Ace with EQ) boomy bass, a bit too over the top and a bit loose. mids and highs could be stronger, lacking a bit of power. sound imagery and instrument separation is not excellent. sound signature is close to soundmagic pl-21, but the SM has better clarity and tighter bass
Bottomline:
The absolute best IEM I have ever heard in this price range. it is definitely a good buy. no need to think twice. play around with EQ and you can even strangle out a bit of mids and highs out of these to produce a decent pair of phones. The sound analysis is based upon comparison to IEMs minimum 10 times its price (pl-50, westone um2, Shure se-215) TL;DR: Good Buy, Warm Sound Signature

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections