View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent screen protector at a fantastic price! – Screen Protector for PSP Slim/2000 Reviews

posted by Natman on 10/16/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
These screen protectors are super cheap. I ordered 2 just in case I needed a spare and they both cost me less than a couple of quid!
They are just as easy or difficult, depending on how experienced you are, to apply to the PSP screen.
The quality is good. When applied to the PSP screen they are virtually invisible.
I managed to apply mine perfectly with no bubbles.
Its a screen protector, and at this price EVERYONE should have one installed on their PSP. The PSP screen is far too easy to scratch and these things protect your screen keeping it in tip-top condition.
Cons:
Well, its a screen protector and these things are notorious for being tricky to apply.
Firstly, its a bit hit and miss as to the positioning of the protector on the screen. The ones I received are slightly smaller than the actual PSP slim screen so to get it to fit symmetrically there would have to be around a 1mm border all the way around the edge. This is something I didnt realise until it was applied and therefore too late to sort out.
Secondly you have to watch out for bubbles. They are either caused by small pockets or air trapped underneath the protector which most of the time can be smoothed out as you apply using a soft piece of stiff card, or they are caused by dust and dirt trapped underneath the protector. If you have bubbles due to trapped dust then it is a lot more difficult to remedy so it is essential that you clean the screen using a microfibre cloth first. Trapped dust will stick to the screen protector and can be removed using sticky tape but to be honest if you have trapped dust its probably better just to start again with a new protector. That why I ordered 2.
Other:
Even if you have difficulty applying these things and it doesnt go on smoothly it is still better to have a screen protector with a couple of small bubbles than a PSP screen with scratches!
Bottomline:
Everyone needs a screen protector on their PSP.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections