DX  » Community » Reviews » ALFA 1000mW 2.4GHz 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB Wireless WiFi Network Adapter - Silver
Sort by:
13 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7710 (77%)
  • 4 Star:233 (23%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Work perfect. It is a great item

posted by aj666 on 07/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Work out-of-the-box with Debian GNU/Linux, even in monitor mode. Work great with airodump/airplay, so It's ideal for wireless auditory. It comes with 2 antennas, cables and supports. It's very small. It's ideal for traveling because it is small and allows...
    Cons:
    Only b/g wifi speed, not n, but I knew it when I bought. The rest are perfect, no cons.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Powerful external wifi card - Must have for travellers

posted by jorgesuisse on 07/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very powerful and sensitive wifi card that makes it easy to find and connect to weak wireless networks. Invaluable if you travel frequently and need good access to wifi. Injection works out of the box with the Aircrack-ng suite found in, for example, the po...
    Cons:
    The form factor is bulky. The antenna is very large although sensitive. Something could have been done to make transportation o...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Powerful external wifi card - Must have for travellers

posted by Desrick1 on 06/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very powerful and sensitive wifi card that makes it easy to find and connect to weak wireless networks. Invaluable if you travel frequently and need good access to wifi. Injection works out of the box with the Aircrack-ng suite found in, for example, the...
    Cons:
    The form factor is bulky. The antenna is very large although sensitive. Something could have been done to make transportation o...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works, but with some problems.

posted by sjenk1502 on 06/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - I bought this WIFI adapter so I could use it in a Virtual Machine. After looking on the interwebs i found out that this one also supports packet injection, what i needed in my Backtrack VM. After some trouble with connecting the adapter to my computer (se...
    Cons:
    - The connection cable (to connect the adapter with the computer) that was in the package did not fit on the Wifi adapter. Luck...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good

posted by onlineboss on 06/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - real RTL8187L chip inside - good construction for such type of adapter - 9dbi antenna is good enought to cath signal also thru more brick walls - very good for penetration tests - works natively with BT5, and also Win7 found drivers itself after while
    Cons:
    - green board, ones from Rokland have blue one, but this green one works same, so after all - it is no cons - 9dbi antenna coul...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice gadget for a ver good price!

posted by mitchboy007 on 04/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Easy and fast to set up VERY good signal strength Good price(in Holland it costs almost double this price) No driver issues(with Windows or Backtrack)
    Cons:
    One thing(a connector in the 2dbi antenna) was a bit loose and broke out, but I just glued it in and haven't had any more probl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    the best adapter in dx

posted by mistkiller on 03/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    well i am from Mexico and i have purchased 4 of this adapters about 2 weeks ago and i am very happy with them, it works all perfect and it was very cheap, i dont know if this is an original alfa product but i dont care because it is perfect
    Cons:
    i think that there is no cons
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great peace of equpment

posted by milanc89 on 01/28/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great package altogether: two antennae (2 dBi and 9 dBi) a carriage for the adapter with a clip on or vacuum holder, extension antenna mount with magnet, mini CD with drivers. Works great on W7 and Linux. Nice Realtek software for choosing output power and ...
    Cons:
    I think it may be useful to use a USB Y cable for higher power settings (e.g. 1 W) because I heard that extensive use of high a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best equipment. Good chip Realtek RTL8187L.

posted by sergeyboxster on 01/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good packaging. The most complete set. Two antennas (2 and 8 dBi). Cable extension cord with ground stand for the antenna.
    Cons:
    The driver is not set automatically, but it is easy to establish with diska.USB cable short (1 m). He should be a little longer...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    excellent works great!

posted by fcouto on 01/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    excellent works really well! increased the power of my network signal from -70 to -55 or from reasonable to excellent. optima purchase. delighted. easy connection w7, very practical. lightweight and compact device. optimum value for money.
    Cons:
    so far nothing pointing. only delivery that took a while, but maybe by being the height of the Christmas and new year :)
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections