DX  » Community » Reviews » IR Infrared Motion Detector Sensor Module - Green (DC 5~24V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 3
Output is supply voltage, not relay pins. – IR Infrared Motion Detector Sensor Module - Green (DC 5~24V) Reviews

posted by orsula on 08/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Works as motion detector as it should, has very low power consumption in case of no movement.
Cons:
It is not clearly stated in product details what is output of this device. From image you can see, there is relay on the board, so I assumed output will be directly relay contact and you can switch with this even 230V lamp. Unfortunatelly it is not the case, output is supply voltage in case of movement, 0V in case of no movement.
Other:
Range of approximatelly 2 meters is not very impressive. Range 3-5 meters specified in product details is not very realistic. Delay can be set from 15s to veeeery long time (didn't measure myself). It would be better if it can be set from 0s.
Bottomline:
It is good product for good price if you want to supply it with 5-24V and device you want to switch uses exactly same voltage. In other case you have to resolder board (as I had to do) in order to use different voltages.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections