• Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Light covers a large area. – LED Headlamp 1W LED Reviews

posted by gocat on 09/20/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Takes 2xAA. Seems to last longer than those that take 3xAAA. As a wider coverage but still have good brightness in the center. Simple on/off switch.
Cons:
One of the plastic tip on the door/hinge broke off 6 months ago, but surprisingly the door/hinge still managed to close shut with friction. And finally, the other plastic tip broke off last week, now there is nothing to hold the batteries in place. I could probably rubber-band it together when I need to use it again. Sometime the switch gets jammed. But with a quick tap, it will click in place.
Other:
I brought 3 different headlamps from DX. Mainly used for building my house when there were no electricity. I have all 3 of them more than 1 year. This head lamp is by far my favorite. Simple on/off switch, and was quick to recharge only 2xAA batteries (coz I only have 2xAA charger)
Bottomline:
If you are concerned with the build quality and don't mind using 3xAAA, look into this one. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1-1-1w-white-led-red-3-mode-led-headlamp-3-aaa-12924

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections