Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- quite bright with 3 AAA cells
- reasonably well focused beam
- simple on/off switch - no flashing modes to click through
- AA battery mode is too dim to use (1/10 as bright as AAA mode)
- headband may not be large enough for those with large heads
- tilt detent is a little weak
I didn't have the problem with the end cap that Kyle mentioned... it is no problem to open.
I bought this headlamp to replace a 5 LED version, to get better brightness and focus. For that purpose, it does the job. With 3 AAA cells, it draws about 550mA and is almost as bright as the 2006 version "Ristoft" 1W flashlights (which are the brightest ones that I have).
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.