DX  » Community » Reviews » IR Remote Controlled AC Outlet for Appliances (220V)
Sort by:
58 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5029 (50%)
  • 4 Star:5029 (50%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It works

posted by kfchow on 08/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Learns in any infra-red code from an existing remote control. Has a universal plug at the top to fit any region power connector. Plug on bottom suits US/China but the pins rotate to fit AU/NZ plug type.
    Cons:
    No cons it works. Connected it to my control system for automated christmas lights.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and Works

posted by optizyme on 07/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Small, working good and price is awesome. It is amazing that you can convert any device (power consumption should be low than 500W) to Infrared controlled. I regret not to order two or three pieces.
    Cons:
    Comes without a box, Low plastic quality, Chinese letters and No manual! So i found how to use with try and error methode. You ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works and looks great!!

posted by AradLeds on 06/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Construction quality is good, suitable for almost all types of plugs. Can learn many different types of wireless IR (Infrared) remote controls. Includs red led and switch built in.
    Cons:
    Only works with the two pins plug, so therefore the ground pin doesnt connected (for products that have a 3 pin plug)
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Looks sketchy

posted by JalleB on 06/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    CHEAP! Poor quality. Works as intended! Would be super useful if only I valued my house lower or dared to have it connected overnight. A decent fire insurance would help me sleep.
    Cons:
    Doesn't look safe - poor quality. So I don't dare to leave it on permanently so it defeats the purpose of buying it in the firs...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works fine

posted by tanzh on 05/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Easy to configure Very sensitive to IR signals Comes with an adaptable plug (each the two pins on the back can be turned 30 degree outward thus forming an Australian standard plug)
    Cons:
    No English manual. The actual configuration is more complicated than that in the item description. There are instructions in Ch...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great remote controlled AC!

posted by renewification on 05/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    I am planning to use the "Flat to Round Power Plug Convertor" I am in singapore, singapore As explained, just plug it in and press the "train" button while pressing ANY button on ANY remote control! So I am using the TV's remote control...
    Cons:
    The black button is extremely small, could be a bit bigger for easy use.The two side sockets are useless in Singapore and many ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little device

posted by dscordia on 03/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works just as described. Very sensitive IR receiver. Very hackable, see bottomline.
    Cons:
    Probably not up to UL or CE certification, ungrounded (ground plug on front surface is not connected), US plug only.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality, works well, excellent to make modifications or DYI outlets

posted by TheDreammaster on 02/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Works well as expected. - Relatively easy to set-up. - Really works with any IR signal from various remote controls. - Perfect for DYI ideas on making your own outlets. - Support a broad variety of plugs, almost universal.
    Cons:
    - If you pretend to use as it comes, the materials and general quality is not excellent.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good IR remote control

posted by omechko on 01/12/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    easily manage the connected load (switched on and off).Easy-to-use set.Works as advertised.You can get the infrared signals that bounce off the walls too
    Cons:
    proceed not from any remote control. From 5 with remotes sees only 1 remote control. Not programmed to one of the selected butt...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IR Remote Controlled AC Outlet for Appliances (220V)

posted by mikayeo on 12/19/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Value for money. I use this with my TV remote to turn ON and OFF my wireless headset. Use a non 'important' key of the TV remote to turn ON and OFF this unit so that it does not interfere with your TV functions.
    Cons:
    Did not come with any manuals but the advertisement for this unit in Dealextreme is good enough to understand
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 6
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections