Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
It's ok for this price. It does not feel very cheap but still, feels a little bit cheap. I did not have any problems, I did not lose connection with wireless controller and that i s big plus. It looks nice, it's not ugly and lenght of the cord is optimal.
It,s not plug and play. Biggest problem is driver CD, it's not working at all. You can't install drivers but of course there is a solution as always.
Installing is hard if there is no one to tell you have to do it. You have to google it, and I'm gonna tell you have to install it.
1. Download MS drivers from here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows
3. Connect receiver
4. Windows will tell you that you got unknown device
5.Go to device manager (control panel)
6. Find Unknown device and click on Update Driver Software (right click)
7. Select “Browse my computer for driver software”
8. Select “Let me pick from a list of devices drivers on my computer”.
9.From the list, select “Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class” and click “Next”.
10. From the list, select “Xbox 360 Controller For Windows Version: 22.214.171.1249 [13.08.2009]” and click “Next
11. Click “Yes” when the “Update Driver Warning” dialogue box is displayed
12. You are ready to go :)
It's cheap, it's working and I will recommend it to anybody who can follow my steps above. If you can't follw the steps, buy original one.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.