DX  » Community » Reviews » 1+1 1W White LED + Red 3-Mode LED Headlamp (3*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
A useful little headlamp at a great price – 1+1 1W White LED + Red 3-Mode LED Headlamp (3*AAA) Reviews

posted by Arkkky on 02/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Who needs all those silly modes like SOS and STROBE or 2+ brightness levels. This is no nonsense, High and Low. The red led is perfect for little tasks around your tent without blowing your night adapted eyes out. The red light is perfect when you need to conserve battery power. 3 AAA's isn't so bad. Just use the plastic battery cases they sell here at DX and you have spares at your leisure. Rubber o-ring seals the battery compartment.
Cons:
The case material is a bit flimsy. The lens cover is a little bit dirty and pops off if you drop it. The red led is ringy.
Other:
I lubed the o-ring with Nyogel to help seal the innards from the elements.
Bottomline:
I needed a headlamp for my emergency kits that I'm building. I needed to get something in place because I'm starting from 0. So I can't just buy 1, I need 8! 2 for work, 2 for the cars, 2 for the main bug out bags and 2 for placement around the house just in case the lights go out. With a child, you need to have your hands free and these do the trick. Maybe when I have extra money, I'll buy name brand models. These are perfect to get me started.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections