View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice, and it really IS solar. – "Solar Powered" 2-LED Flashlight Keychain Reviews

posted by misterlar on 07/10/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Unlike item #13088 (on which the solar cel is fake), this flashlight (#12925) actually *IS* solar-powered just as advertised. I'm very happy with it. The switch you can easily leave "on" (you don't have to hold it down all the time), and the solar cel actually works and recharges it. Last night I left it on all night to discharge the battery. Today I brought it outside only for a few minutes and it was bright again. I left it outside for a couple hours and it was fully charged again. So yes, this one really IS solar-powered. Build quality seems pretty good.
Cons:
None, except the price could be a little lower. Still, at least the solar cel is real and works.
Other:
Mine came in black instead of the pictured yellow (I'm glad, the black looks very nice... I don't like yellow).
Bottomline:
Price a little high for what it is, but it's a nice design, a the solar panel actually works as advertised and it's a neat little light (looks especially nice in black).

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections