DX  » Community » Reviews » BAOFENG 1.5" LCD 5W 136~174MHz / 400~520MHz Dual Band Walkie Talkie w/ 1-LED Flashlight (Black)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Overall a happy purchase – BAOFENG 1.5" LCD 5W 136~174MHz / 400~470MHz Dual Band Walkie Talkie w/ 1-LED Flashlight (Black) Reviews

posted by les.j.garratt on 12/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Good value for money. Once programmed for your frequencies easy to use. Nice loud speaker for noisey environments. Small and light enough to go in pocket when working and cheap enough to worry too much if it gets dropped. Good being able to priority monitor 2 channels and good to be able to listen to FM broadcast station and still monitor priority frequency. A wideband VHF/UHF radio. Good reciever bandwith.
Cons:
Poor user manual but plenty of helpful postings on the web. Seems complex to program manually until you get use to it. I can't find a way to temporarily skip a programmed frequency during scanning (which can be useful).
Other:
I would have preferred separate mic and earphone covers as I prefer just to monitor using earphone. Battery life seems OK to me, I have turned off the back lighting. Could have done without the LED torch. A tap point take off/connector to facilitate digital monitoring would have been good
Bottomline:
Good value for money. I use it in noisy conditions on farm. Great for monitoring my local emergency services for fire etc

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections