DX  » Community » Reviews » BAOFENG 1.5" LCD 5W 136~174MHz / 400~520MHz Dual Band Walkie Talkie w/ 1-LED Flashlight (Black)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
good device Baofeng UV-5R – BAOFENG 1.5" LCD 5W 136~174MHz / 400~520MHz Dual Band Walkie Talkie w/ 1-LED Flashlight (Black) Reviews

posted by Limys on 01/23/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Good radio. Analogues of this radio is not found. Not expensive. Reliable instrument that well assembled. Antenna is removed, the battery is charging. Lights 3 levels, 2 channel observations together. It is full of subtone they are programmed. A lot of settings you can change them.
Cons:
Difficult management. Little instruction. Standard antenna is not ideal rings inside, to a range of 2 meters SWR much. No programming cable included. 5 watts seems not present them. Closer only 4. Not all the band.
Other:
I think to buy more. Radio is always with me. Antenna is recommended to change to Nagoya NA-771 or 701, there are 701 in the store. Listen to the police, doctors, taxi. Amateur radio 144. I want to see the superheterodyne. Remove failure when receiving a signal.
Bottomline:
Totally worth it's price, definetly recommend to buy. But be prepared to lots of setting, poorly described in manual. All can be found on the Internet, radio is not for newcomers. Little improvements. Believe me, will not be bored!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections