DX  » Community » Reviews » TrustFire TR-801 Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
Sort by:
54 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6535 (65%)
  • 4 Star:3519 (35%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice torch.

posted by Elultimo9 on 03/05/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It has a excellent quality, more even the other torchs i adquired. Nice duration of the batteries, much more than 14500. Nice brightness.
    Cons:
    None. The r5 led is a little brighter than the q5, but the q5 is still a good led and has the best combination Brightness-Durat...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best single mode 18650 light

posted by djltoronto1 on 10/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Best size of any 18650 light. This one is the shortest and smallest diameter I found that uses 1 single 18650 battery. the quality is great, it's anodized, not painted, so it's much more durable. The tail switch clicky works very well, and instantaneousl...
    Cons:
    None found. I suppose I may like a metal clip on this lights, but that's not a con as it's not advertised to come with one.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice pocketable torch

posted by ThomasR099 on 06/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very nice torch/flashlight for the money, surface finish is nice and uniform; the led is bright and machining tolerances seem quite reasonable. O-rings present to get some weather sealing
    Cons:
    At first, because of the anodizing, the light doesn't work well, you need to sand the threads a bit to get good contact between...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice little flashlight

posted by santeri000 on 05/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright for it's size, I'm very impressed. Small size, it's a genuine pocket sized torch. Good sturdy build quality. Takes Protected 18650's. wrist strap. Doesn't get hot when using long times. One mode is enough for this size lamp. Nobony needs strobo ...
    Cons:
    Cannot really fault a 12.00 torch that pumps out this amount of light. No clip so you cannot stick it on your pocket edge.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nicely made and bright

posted by fuzz2050 on 01/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This might be the nicest make flashlight I've bought from DX. It has a good, solid feel, and seems like it will stand the test of time well. Even my Fenix lights don't all have such a nice heft. It's also plenty bright and has a decent beam pattern.
    Cons:
    None really that I can think of, this flashlight is bright, durable and compact, all of which are positives.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little flashlight for the nightstand!

posted by TxCharlie on 01/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Compact (easily fits in a shirt pocket), attractive, very bright, single 18650 3.7v rechargable cell, withstands abuse and dropping, glow-in-the-dark switch cap, brightness seems to be fairly well regulated.
    Cons:
    None I can think of.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good quality

posted by rcolom on 01/04/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a flashlight with a very good quality, no the usual DX quality. It's made with metal, not plastic, and it's very sturdy. Pieces are strong and fit perfectly. The on/off button is also made of quality materials. The light it emits is very strong, and...
    Cons:
    The flashlight heats up quite a little when functioning, and stays hot until turned off, but that is the normal operating behav...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect little have-around

posted by GmanNL on 12/30/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great little flashlight to always have it in your car, backpack or survival/emergency kit. It's light, it's slim, it fits perfectly in your hand. Battery lasts forever it seems. The glowing button is a nice extra.
    Cons:
    It's as basic as they come: Only 1 mode, on/off only, no low/high power setting. No focus possibility. It gets warm in like 5 ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    High quality bright led lamp

posted by mpsaren on 07/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Marvelous lamp for bicycle or other purposes. Robust metal chasing and water resistant seals for use it in rain. Quality of build is very very good and sealing fits well. Very long operation time with one charge. Extremely good lamp light!
    Cons:
    Requires special power cell and charger, but if you have these already there is no reason to buy this lamp.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IT's a good portable flashlight, easy for any use even for women (purse).

posted by achridian on 07/14/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It's a nice looking robust portable flashlight It has O-rings and actually is water resistant (haven't tried it in deep water though) Lighting is pretty good It's quite small It's very good if you compare portability/light output You can put it almost ...
    Cons:
    The lamp naturally uses 18650 batteries and in my case (SKU 121452) the delivered torch did not have contact on the + side of t...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 6
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections