DX  » Community » Reviews » 3.5mm Stereo Headset Converter Cable for Iphone (14cm)
Sort by:
19 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7414 (74%)
  • 4 Star:265 (26%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful

posted by georgeman on 06/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    It does what it is supposed to do. It is just a little cable extension for your headphones, very useful in case you have headphones with a really bulky plug, or a case with a very narrow cutout. The build quality is OK.
    Cons:
    Cable is a little flimsy, but nothing to worry about
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very Helpful

posted by Bmales on 01/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Prolongs headphone life Cheap to replace
    Cons:
    Not all that strong, but just as strong as your average cord, if not stronger.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Makes your favorite headphones fit any iProduct that is cased.

posted by NickSwe on 11/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    If you have a bumper or case on your phone/pad your favorite headphones might not fit in the headphone jack. This short extender is iPhone headset sized so it fits perfectly in a cased iProduct.
    Cons:
    Can have some bad contact sometimes. I guess the material it's made of is not 100% oxidation free. Just give it a twist and the...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Costly for the simple wire

posted by anil427 on 09/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Light weight and fits all audio devices. The lenght is adequate and the material looks to be durable and stable. The silver coat is yet to wear off and I'm inclined to believe that the quality is just fine.
    Cons:
    There is some noise within the jack. A small disturbance sometimes when you hook into any audio device. Sometimes the disturban...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The missing link for your iPhone 2G!

posted by piviking on 01/25/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A small adaptor that enables you to use any 3.5mm minijack headphones with the first generation iPhone. If you still use that phone, do yourself and ears a favor and buy this adaptor! The quality of the cable seems good.
    Cons:
    Nothing at all, works like a charm!
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Music is the key

posted by Beutelkatze on 08/11/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - let`s you use standard 3,5mm headphones on your iPhone 2G - No more crappy apple headphones - improves sound quality if you use high quality headphones (Dealextreme has a nice selection) - gives you about 10cm more cable length
    Cons:
    -build quality isn`t too great, lasted only a few months, but for less than 2$ a pop you can order a few ;) -nothing other than...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good deal!

posted by vladootz on 11/22/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    with this cable you can use any headphones you want, there are no quality loses, no distorsions,nothing. it has a perfect size, not too long, not too short, it has a golden head for improved conductivity, it has a good build so it seems like it won't brake ...
    Cons:
    no cons at all, maybe it could be cheaper
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for iPhone 2G!

posted by tbigktg on 11/21/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    5 stars all around. Works great, just as if my head phones were plugged directly into the iPhone. I was really surprised that it sounded so clear.
    Cons:
    Some people talk about the cable being kind of skimpy, but this adapter cable is fatter than my headphones cable. My headphone...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Also for annoying headphone plugs

posted by lakmus on 11/13/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Although made for iPhone, it's also useful for any 3.5mm stereo plug headphones, which have a cornered plug in them (if you happen not to like that one, I know I don't). Also makes your cord a bit longer (if you had headphones which had just a slightly shor...
    Cons:
    One of these was a bit damaged, but DX service replaced it quickly so no problem in that one. I really don't see any cons if yo...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Convenient, low cost, poor quality

posted by vechog on 11/09/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very convenient to take care of Apple's unnecessary obstacle that avoids use of standard headphones with iPhones. Fits well and provides good sound quality.
    Cons:
    Wish it was built better - the cable is broken in just couple of weeks use due to being bent at the connector - all reasonable ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections