Sort by:
26 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6216 (62%)
  • 4 Star:359 (35%)
  • 3 Star:41 (4%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's big and black

posted by allotabass on 12/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It's much larger than I was expecting so the WOW factor comes into play. Could be used as a club. Assault tip isn't effective. The clickie is good and it is recessed inlike the picture. It's built well and has a well applied smooth surface. Not to shabby. B...
    Cons:
    Finish looks like it'll chip easily but should withstand some abuse. No lanyard and no lanyard hole. It's a little too big to c...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice, but expected more...

posted by eatatjoes10 on 01/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - "Cheapest" host at DX for 52mm-LED-mods ;-) - simple use: on / off, no modes - reverse clicky, not "twist on/off" as advertised, perfect for my 5-LED-multi-mode-driver-mod ;-) - good body/size, comes with 40mm extension-tube to use it with 2x18650 - a...
    Cons:
    - not as bright as I expected for a 10W torch (yes, I know, it's Xenon, not HID nor LED) - drains 2,7A from 2x18650 (blue Trus...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just received mine Jan. 18, 2011

posted by gazurtoid on 01/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - well made - very bright (are all xenon lights this bright?) - feels good in the hand. In pictures the barrel looks too skinny but in actuality it's good. - very nice incandescent warm-white light--really brings out the colour of wood and trees in the ...
    Cons:
    - of course being incandescent, no modes - spot is kind of small - needed a minor mod right out of the box (see below)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A lot of light!

posted by mameluco on 12/11/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    1. Its a single mode. 2. The amount of light that this bulb produces is impressive. It has a great throw of over 100 meters with a nice spill. 3. Warm light, as usual for incans. 4. Aluminum reflector. 5. Glass lens. 6. Arrived clean and lube. 7. Well...
    Cons:
    Gets very hot! Only can be turned on with protected 18650 trustfire (the ones with flames). Other batteries dont turn it on.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good light to have around the house or car

posted by Boondongle1723 on 04/18/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    * Very bright. I don't know if it reaches the claimed 500 lumens, but it is brighter than all LED flashlights. * Sturdy construction. * Can stand on its tail. When you do this inside, it lights up the room about as well as a table lamp.
    Cons:
    * Slight battery rattle. It's not noticeable unless you are looking for it, though. * Light is a bit on the yellowish side. ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Value Light!

posted by OleIronsides on 03/08/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Shipping was fast with this light, in fact, I recieved it within a month after placing the order (USA). It came packaged in bubble wrap and included an extension tube that enables you to run 2x 18650 configuration. It is very bright, and you can feel heat f...
    Cons:
    The grip, when combined with the almost shiny finish, makes the light harder to grip when damp or wet. Other than that, I find ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Affordable Xenon light

posted by Peterlm on 07/09/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    This just arrived in the post. The heat from the beam can be felt on the skin a foot away. It is bright with a huge beam spot and an even bigger useable spill. Have yet to test how long the 18650s last.
    Cons:
    The bulb has 2 long spots of thermal glue on the sides of the glass and smoke is emitted from this just after 30 seconds of use...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Amazing Brightness

posted by testing12345678 on 02/03/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This one is the best xenon light available at DX. The reflector is pretty deep and the beam can easily travel 50~60 meters. The light is also very solidly built and is a pleasure to hold in the hand. It has an included extender so that we can use either tw...
    Cons:
    The knurling could have been a bit better. Apart from that, there are no issues with this light.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good value for the price

posted by ralaroco on 01/17/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Very bright. -Low cost. -Able to use rechargeables. -Accepts different battery setups. -Many bulb options. -Excellent throw with good spill. -Comfortable to hold.
    Cons:
    -Only good build quality. -Rough threads. -Finish of head, body, and tail cap do not match. -Need to double tap to fire with ov...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Light!

posted by Jaygreig on 11/21/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very Bright! Unlike some of the reviews I have read before...when I got mine (ran with 2xprotected 2500 18650s) it was not only very bright but very white as well. Now a lot of guys on my department want one as well. Also unlike some other reviews, mine di...
    Cons:
    Dropped it while out on a call and popped the filament...to be expected but I would prefer not to have to "baby it" p...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections