DX  » Community » Reviews » 2" LCD Electronic Bicycle Computer / Speedometer (1 x CR2032)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 1
  • Usefulness: 4
Extremely user unfriendly – 2" LCD Electronic Bicycle Computer / Speedometer (1 x CR2032) Reviews

posted by veryperson on 06/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
A lot of info on the screen and clear numbers. The mounting is easy and only needs one battery unlike the wireless models. I like the fact that it tells temperature (does't seem very accurate unfortunately) and it has many trip distance/time functions I had never seen on other computers.
Cons:
The instructions are wrong. They don't give the right indications to setup the computer, I had to try everything during 10 minutes to figure it out. Also, it's very complicated to reset trip distance and time, average and max speed (only way I found was to enter setup and put zeros everywhere OR remove the battery :)
Other:
I setup the wheel size properly and the speed doesn't seem very accurate. I compared with my girlfriend's cateye while riding and they was more or less 1kmh difference. This could mean a big difference on the odometer after many weeks/months.
Bottomline:
This is good for a beater bike or commuting but would not trust it for training or anything serious.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections