DX  » Community » Reviews » Memory Stick Pro Duo Flash Memory Card (8GB)
Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:252 (25%)
  • 4 Star:383 (38%)
  • 3 Star:252 (25%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:121 (12%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

88% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 1
    • Price: 1
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Wrong capacity

posted by serengetiman on 07/29/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The build is bad, the adapter broke the first time I try to use it,fortunatelly I order another one that is OK. But the main problem is the wrong capacity really.
    Cons:
    Wrong capacity, it is not a 8Gb, is only 3,51 Gb. I´m really surprised with that! Is the first item I buy from Deal Extrem...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works fine, but might as well get sku.12796

posted by MrFossil on 07/02/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's a proper 8GB card (windows reports the usable space as about 7.5GB, or 8,052,998,114 bytes). H2testw was able to write to and verify all the space on the card, no problems. Speeds are good by cheap card standards. H2testw reports: Writing speed: 3.52 M...
    Cons:
    sku.12796 seems to be pretty much the same thing as is currently $5 cheaper. I bought this one as the cheaper one was going to ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Grear Card, Works Fine on the PSP!

posted by viniciuspaes on 05/28/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It a good flash card to use on the sony psp. I dont have any delay with it, and i know the real speed is not so great. But you can buy without any worries. Used to see videos and play demonstration games. works just fine.
    Cons:
    The price is not very good, i bought the other card, but it become out of stock for months, then i changed my product to these ...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent, but...

posted by DarKMischieF on 04/07/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Lots of pros, a good thing obviously. - Price. But then again, prices are always amazing here at DealExtreme. - Capacity. This thing is the real thing. 8 whole frickin' GB (7690MB = 7.5GB formatted). Great for holding videos, but that's pretty much it, I'l...
    Cons:
    The biggest flaw is easily the: Speed- This thing is slow. When connected through USB 2.0 to a PC, transfer rates average aroun...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good, but not recommended

posted by notme on 11/06/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - is an actual 8GB card, not hacked. - card is of solid build quality.
    Cons:
    - Card is slow, here are the test results: Test finished without errors. You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Great!!!

posted by mohammed-f on 08/22/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works great!!! No hacked memory. Good buildquality Allmost as fast as an orginal sony one!! (3/4MB writespeed)
    Cons:
    - No magic-gate/not SONY. (I don't care, it works great and well built) - SONY logo on package is black-marked for noobs trying...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works OK, but no faster than SKU 12796

posted by pbatard on 07/08/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    From having been had with cheap fake Chinese 8 GB MS, the good suprise is that the card I received is a genuine 8.0 "SI" GB MemoryStick (or 7.52 *REAL* GB), and that no bad blocks were reported after I did a full check (In Linux: badblocks -t rand...
    Cons:
    Read/Write speeds seem to be about as low as SKU 12796, so I don't know if the reviewer who said he could copy 1 GB in 3 minute...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works in psp without any problems

posted by poppycool on 06/14/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    no lag playing games or watching movies fits exactly as it should into my psp build quality good
    Cons:
    takes a long time to write to the card (1gb takes apx 3min) but this is probably the case with any card this size? takes a long...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections