DX  » Community » Reviews » AllKit Cigarette Mount Holder and Charger with Full Range FM Transmitter for Iphone and Ipod
Sort by:
37 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:4918 (49%)
  • 4 Star:3212 (32%)
  • 3 Star:83 (8%)
  • 2 Star:83 (8%)
  • 1 Star:31 (3%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

89% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good product

posted by rpossemo on 05/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to install and to set up. Very good quality. You just plug it in to the cigarette lighter connector and it is very strong. Setting up the FM transmitter is extremely easy
    Cons:
    Many times it happens that the iPhone 4S tells me that "charging is not supported for this device". I have to unplug ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Extremely useful, fast charging, cheap

posted by dagfinnf on 03/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Very simple to use - Charges iphone quickly - Sends music effectively to the car radio - So useful I both my daughter one for her car also. And another for my other car.
    Cons:
    - Can be a little unstable when driving in bends, depending on where the car lighter socket is situated. No big problem. - Top ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good buy

posted by giuzinho on 07/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Easy to use - Can be used with different devices, not just with Iphone or Ipod touch - It is not necessary to have auxiliary input on the sound
    Cons:
    - The sound quality on FM transmission is less - Depending on the location becomes almost impossible to tune the radio.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good option

posted by SuperCoc0 on 04/04/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Have a low price and is easy to install. Really good working and FM signal can be switched and works fine. Can be used with iPods, iPhone 3G, 3Gs and iPone 4, and them fits easily in the holder.
    Cons:
    Not very easy to fit, and weak rubber ring in the plug. Complicated to connect with tow cables.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I like it

posted by brgonzale on 11/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    it works correctly, it has a good signal to FM. its perfect to a car or track that doesnt have a good stereo. the display is nice! is little but is easy to read and manipulate.
    Cons:
    you have to be patient to fit it correctly, after this works correctly. yo have to be careful to drive and turn slow to prevent...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Build quality is cheap, but audio is good

posted by canuckcam on 08/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Digital transmitter in 0.1MHz steps for all FM radios - crisp, clear FM audio, as best as one can expect for $17 - Transmitter gives me full quieting everywhere in my car except for heavy RF areas like right next to an FM transmission site. Not to be unex...
    Cons:
    - plastic housing is very cheap. - mine came with the power cord separated, so I ended up taking the unit apart to repair it my...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not fit for purpose

posted by Rorsach on 05/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The whole idea seems great and the FM-transmitter part of the contraption works fine. The iPhone fits snugly in the holder and sends its music to my radio, while getting charged.
    Cons:
    It's completely useless and top heavy when the iPhone is in there. It keeps falling to the right or the left whenever you make ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not a Bad Accessory

posted by pfdcruz on 05/09/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - The holder & charger are good - The holder & arm is good quality and sturdy - Instructions & installations are simple
    Cons:
    - FM transmitter volume is very low and you will have to really turn up the volume to hear it on the car radio, this creats a s...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Will do the Job -1

posted by villan on 05/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Its easy to scan for channels you with you use. You can jump 1 by 1 or use the presets. It holds the Iphone and will do most of what its ment to do. Good sound when using it as FM
    Cons:
    You can't it as well as charging your Iphone as the Iphone thinks its in a dock so no sound when on charge.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best under $20 FM transmitter

posted by Redsuns on 04/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Play and charge, good for people who own Iphone. - Pretty straight forward installation. It start working within 30 seconds. - It does what it build for - Work with iPhone 3GS and Ipod Touch 2G. - Sound quality is better than my cheap $30 FM transmitt...
    Cons:
    Not really Cons but I tried to point something out. - The stand might be too short for some cars. Make sure it is long enough ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections