• Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Not bad! – Mini LED 80X Microscope with Scale Markings Reviews

posted by bylrarzeitnt on 11/23/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This is a compact tool and works very effectively as a microscope.
The microscope consists of two parts: the viewing tube (scope) and the light. There is the scale marking on the field of view, which makes it very convenient. It is down to 0.02 mm in increments which is very precise.
The white LED is extremely bright and turns on automatically when you flip out the scope.
There's also the calibration knob so you can increase the focus of the image.
It truly magnifies by a factor of 100. Really nice.
Cons:
If you're clumsy, you might accidentally flip the sections apart and turn on the LED, thus wasting batteries.
The image is projected upside-down. If DX could possibly fix this, it'd be really cool.
The batteries can get quite difficult to remove. Once it's in, it tends to get stuck in the tube; some force is required to remove dead batteries. Take care not to break the microscope while you're at it.
Other:
Not much, really. It's made of plastic, but not cheap plastic. It is quite sturdy and can take some abuse, but don't really go on your way and damage it. It's quite expensive but I think that, with proper care and handling, it'll probably last a while.
Bottomline:
Definitely a good purchase. I would like to see one that's adjustable, but for now I'm quite content. So yeah. Buy it!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections