DX  » Community » Reviews » Repair Parts Replacement Laser Disc Reader Module for SCPH-7000 Series PS2
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great piece of hardware! – Repair Parts Replacement Laser Disc Reader Module for SCPH-7000 Series PS2 Reviews

posted by Gold4all on 02/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
What can I say, it does the job as well as the original laser that was on the console. I installed it today and it runs very good. The games are read very fast and it can run even dual-layer games. Installation is super-easy. The laser looks well built, but you have to be careful to desolder the blob of solder. That is known as the anti-static point to avoid damaging the lens before it is installed. After you install it and connect it, use the soldering iron to remove the blob and you are ready to go! My modded ps2 reads any disc with this lens. I will buy more when I have the occasion to make sure my ps2 will always work. Also, really small price for the quality. Best buy right here! Thanks DX!
Cons:
Well, the packaging is kind of bland, and I expected them to be sealed, but they come in tiny boxes wrapped in blue bags. Also, no instructions and you have to know how to install them or go to a professional. No real cons anyway or any problems.
Other:
Just buy them already if your PS2 slim doesn't read discs anymore. Buy at least 3 of them so you can always have them ready when your console has trouble reading. For the price, they are certainly more than worth it. They could have also be packaged better by DX because they are very fragile and the people at the post office can sometimes be agressive with the packages.
Bottomline:
Great product and I will buy them again when I have the opportunity. 5 stars all the way. There are no real cons, and they are perfect if you know exactly how to install them and to be careful because they are a sensitive product and you can damage the very easily. Best buy for a no longer working PS2!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections