Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:909 (90%)
  • 4 Star:101 (10%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simply put, it works

posted by steina89 on 06/19/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    These little guys are truly great, easy to use with prototyping because of the nice screw terminals. Prototyping with a magnetic relay is something of the past now for me. The back of the device is solid metal, please remember to heatsink these properly if ...
    Cons:
    Be careful with the exposed terminals, you will get a nasty shock if you touch them while they're connected.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product for its purpose

posted by JanHenkR on 04/21/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Simple Device for relay. You can use it with other devices. Also with more relays. I use it at my home. I can use it for more purposes. I use 12V to swithc the relay. On the relay is a bel trafo and other device in my house.
    Cons:
    Open connections, must be sealed, build in, hidden, if you use it for 200 V or more. I place it in my power room, so it's hidde...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    2nd one purchased in 3 months, for a good reason!

posted by Pyro987 on 10/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is the second unit that I have purchased from DX.com. Not becasue the first one failed, but because it works so well. I am using these to make PID controllers for lead melting furnaces that operate >700watts up to 900 degrees F. This little unit ...
    Cons:
    This does not come with thermal paste to mount onto a heat sink. Many other vendors and sellers include this with their SSR's.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Buy and save!

posted by Pyro987 on 09/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I've used this unit in a PID setup to control a lead casting pot for making my own lead bullets. After everything was wred in this unit did great! I ran the unit for about 6 ours yesterday and ZERO issues. Similar units on other sites run upward of $25 f...
    Cons:
    Did not come with the thermal paste for instalation. Other sites offer their SSR units with paste.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as a charm. Perfect for high powered applications

posted by dxredguy on 06/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Cheap - Easy to use (accepts anything between 3-25V DC) - Plenty of switching power available (25A) - Silent operation - Strong connection points - Built in status LED is very handy
    Cons:
    - No Din rail mount - DC input connections are a bit oversized - Removable plastic safety cover seems a bit useless since it ha...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The qualitative relay under the reasonable price

posted by Serg7803 on 06/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It is qualitatively made. Light indication of inclusion of the relay. A plastic cover for a security from defeat by an electric current. Powerful and reliable fastenings of a cable.
    Cons:
    During design and operation of minuses it is not revealed. The arrangement works properly.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    BEST DIY

posted by ceveros on 05/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Rele extremely high quality, has an acrylic cover as protection of connectors and feeding circuit, LED that indicates whether or not this in operation, making it much easier during the construction project, the finish and very good, built with good material...
    Cons:
    nothing to say
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Value

posted by GBDealX on 01/27/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Price: Western sourced (usually still made in China) range from $12.00 up to about $25 Appearance: Fit and finish is nice. Terminals clearly labeled. Apparent quality: It appears to be equivalent to brand name units purchased in the US.
    Cons:
    Shipping from this vendor is a little slower than other mainland suppliers. Product descriptions are sometimes a little light.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect for DIY and more

posted by sacamantecas on 01/17/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Much better than a mechanical relay, because it works quickly (<10 milliseconds), silently and for too many years. SSR requires <12mA (an Crydom CX240DX relay requires 12,5mA) There are a LED indicator: this is a good idea
    Cons:
    no cons.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as advertised

posted by Docteh on 11/26/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works perfectly. There is a red LED on the DC side of the Solid State Relay. This one also comes with a plastic cover. The cover has holes that allow a screwdriver to go in and be used without the cover.
    Cons:
    Appears to use more power on the DC side than a similar more pricier SSR like the Crydom ones. Another downside is that AC SSRs...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections