DX  » Community » Reviews » Neodymium NIB Magnet Spheres (6mm / 20-Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 2
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 2
Fun little sphere magnets – Neodymium NIB Magnet Spheres (6mm / 20-Pack) Reviews

posted by tohterry on 07/02/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
+ Very strong magnets but quite easy to pull apart due to the spherical shape, but if you have a lot of them it won't be easy as it will increase the magnetic strength
+ I have been playing since receiving them; making a ring is the easiest as they will rotate to the correct polarity, or you can make a square with 1 ball each on the top and bottom and spin it - it will take some time to come to a stop
Cons:
- It is very expensive for a pack of 20 tiny magnets, otherwise I would have bought more
- Bits of uncoated area left dark marks on my fingers and after playing it for sometime it left a smell on my hands, so it is better to wash your hands after handling them
- Closer look at the spheres surface show that they are not totally smooth
Other:
Keep it away from children and electronic devices. I wish they are larger in size so will be easier to handle.
Bottomline:
If you don't mind paying so much for magnetic balls, buying lots of it to make cubes, patterns and shapes will help to kill your time and let your creativity flows.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections