DX  » Community » Reviews » PT100 Professional Thermocouple Sensor Probe Cable (1.77M)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Not what I expected – PT100 Professional Thermocouple Sensor Probe Cable (1.77M) Reviews

posted by trevorhancock on 11/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
It works, it looks strong and professional. It reads as an RTD should.
Cons:
The only Con is that it is an RTD not a thermocouple. My multimeter reads thermocouples and displays in degrees, it also reads resistance but I have to calculate the temperature or build an interface to convert, that would be fun but not what I had in mind for this sensor. There is an air gap between the sensor and the protective sheath that would slow the response time. (not really that important in a pizza oven)
Other:
I ordered this as a thermocouple as indicated by the description on the product page. It is a temperature sensor, and probably a better one than a thermocouple but it is an RTD not a thermocouple. More research next time.
Bottomline:
Platinum RTDs are a very linear and repeatable sensor so if you need an RTD then buy this one. I have not plotted its linearity or checked its temperature coefficient so I cannot comment on its quality.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections