DX  » Community » Reviews » MR16 1*1W 320~350mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~30V Input)
Sort by:
13 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:628 (62%)
  • 4 Star:385 (38%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best Driver I've found

posted by bls123 on 08/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Small, lightweight and easy to modify for just about any use. Has very good current regulation that only varies 5-10ma at most over the total operating range. The units single resistor that sets the current level is easy to change. Input has a bridge recti...
    Cons:
    None (for me at least. Some have complained about the wires being too short, etc. but for my use I remove the wires, GU10 pins,...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect

posted by funebre on 03/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Small, light, perfect for small led-lighting projects. Is polarity indipendent.
    Cons:
    Short wires, had to solder new ones. Also, the big nail-like power connectors are a pain in the ass, had to desoder and solder ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    General purpose LED driver

posted by wirewrap on 01/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Useful building block for driving LEDs from low voltage DC or AC. Based on well known PT4115 chip, the data sheet for PT4115 is available on the net. The board can be easily modified, series resistor changed for other output currents, there is a PWM input o...
    Cons:
    The smoothing capacitor is rated at 25VDC. If you input 30VAC to the board the smoothing capacitor will be loaded beyond it's r...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great but order extras

posted by robertpbaxter on 12/10/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Really easy to remove and jumper the AC bridge diodes and solder to the dim pin.
    Cons:
    Only 2 out of 3 worked as they should have. One of them just pushed all the current on the input side to the output side. For...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fine for automotive use (and other!)

posted by meq123 on 08/25/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great for driving 1watt LEDs in series. Can drive up to 4-5 Red LEDs in an automobile application (or 3-4 White LEDs)
    Cons:
    None really. Needed to remove the "MR16" posts, but no biggie. May provide FM radio interference, but see workaround...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Efficient and flexible 1-9 LED 360mA

posted by randytan123 on 03/03/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    many reviews that I read said that this LED driver is very easy to modify to add more features. For few months I was just using it to drive 1x 1 watt LED. But then I tried to experiment if it can support more LED in series if the input voltage is increase...
    Cons:
    none that I can think of or observe. Be careful of the 25V rating of the capacitor, it may blow up the cap if you put voltage a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent DIY LED driver

posted by eboyer on 10/29/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Great price (especially the bulk rate) - High quality current output: I've used over a dozen of these drivers and they all provide a very constant current, and thus flicker-less LED lighting - Can be dimmed. The integrated circuit for this LED driver is t...
    Cons:
    - The maximum input voltage is NOT 40V, as is stated in the product title. The PT4115 IC can only handle a maximum of 30V, and ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent DIY LED driver

posted by eboyer on 08/24/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Great price (especially the bulk rate) - High quality current output: I've used over a dozen of these drivers and they all provide a very constant current, and thus flicker-less LED lighting - Can be dimmed. The integrated circuit for this LED driver is...
    Cons:
    - The maximum input voltage is NOT 40V, as is stated in the product title. The PT4115 IC can only handle a maximum of 30V, and ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice for DIY'ers..

posted by glenn on 01/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very cheap, do what it should, and easy to modify for your needs.
    Cons:
    Could have been better documented. Does not come in any form of antistatic packaging. Short leads, but you probably want to s...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    ZzzzzOOOM, driver drives you WILD

posted by marcellaflamme on 11/29/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I bought this driver for #13288 1W emitter for a costume. It works well, providing electric energy needed for my emitter to illuminate greatly. I wired the positive/negative incorrectly, but only realize afterwards, but it’s OK because it has a rectlefier...
    Cons:
    The size is a bit tricky to accommodate in projects. The cap on the back is awkward. Soldering required, but you knew that. S...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections