DX  » Community » Reviews » MR16 1*1W 320~350mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~30V Input)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Fine for automotive use (and other!) – MR16 1*1W 320~350mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~40V Input) Reviews

posted by meq123 on 08/25/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Great for driving 1watt LEDs in series. Can drive up to 4-5 Red LEDs in an automobile application (or 3-4 White LEDs)
Cons:
None really. Needed to remove the "MR16" posts, but no biggie. May provide FM radio interference, but see workaround below.
Other:
I'm using this in an automotive brake light (LED) application. Unlike another review here, I kept the bridge rectifier diodes, but proactively attached a 100nF (0.1uF) capacitor across the output (close to the LEDs) and have NO interference issues at the radio. This replaced a setup that used to have interference with the radio, so I know the pitfalls. I listened carefully to my radio on weak FM stations to confirm. (Note these are mounted in taillights, less than 9 inches from my car radio antenna.)
Bottomline:
Perfect for driving 1watt LEDs

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections